View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 05:38 AM   #9
webfolk
Enthusiast
webfolk began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
It doesn't become clickable until after you've selected one of the alternate's. If it's still grayed out after that there is something else strange with your system.
Tried this and it just generates another zip.cpgz file. I do believe this is due to what I mentioned before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfolk View Post
Apparently this is a common occurrence for Mac OSX with ZIP files created on a PC or with a proprietary ZIP format that isn't compatible, as I suspect is the case with the Calibre created ZIP.
and I agree:

Quote:
Installing Stuffit or some other program may change that setting for you though, so it's worth a shot...
Quote:
If 'Archive Utility' is the only option that would explain why it's grayed out, and the behavior may well be a bug with Archive Utility - it also means Calbre's default zip function is doing something that doesn't work with the default Zip utility on OS X, something which Kovid may be willing to fix...
Well I do believe there is an incompatibility between the way Calibre zips files and the way OSX unzips them. A simple double click on the ZIP file should open it.

Being very new to this forum, I don't know the procedure for bringing this to Kovid's attention. Could you direct me to it? Thanks again!
webfolk is offline   Reply With Quote