View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Well, that depends on what the regexp really is like- if you read carefully, you'll notice I've only mentioned that you should remove corresponding tags, I haven't really given a regexp. Given the example text I've used, I don't see how cutting out the part between the opening and closing <p>-tags removes any book text.
Again, I have no expertise in this area, but I do have experience being an ignorant noob willing to attempt anything. So in that regard I am trying to lend a fresh set of eyes.

I'm not arguing that you were trying to remove everything between <p> </p> tags. I was just pointing out the obvious way ldolse saw the connection of deleting anything between <p> </p> tags. A new user reading a primer would take away the opening and closing info from your code tags and then try to start applying expressions to everything in between.

To stem off this type of confusion your top code box should be more specific. To show the opening tag by including "<p class="calibre4"><b class="calibre2">Generated by".

You stop the initial part of the primer in a spot that could get and energetic user in trouble.

One more thing, I could be far off base, but since folks will be seeing the below code in their book viewer, html viewer or Sigil, and the below will be word wrapped in those viewers (or not I'm not sure), wouldn't it be better to put it in quotes so users can see the entire picture?

Quote:
"Maybe, but the cops feel like you do, Anita. What's one more dead vampire? New laws don't change that." </p><p class="calibre4"> <b class="calibre2">Generated by ABC Amber LIT Conv<a href="http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html" class="calibre3">erter, http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html</a></b></p><p class="calibre4"> It had only been two years since Addison v. Clark. The court case gave us a revised version of what life was
Great work so far!

Update: In my experience if the above is in a <p class="calibre4"> tag most every paragraph in the book will be using that tag too. That's why any primer needs to emphasize ways of limiting your expression to avoid accidentally removing your entire text.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-20-2010 at 06:05 AM.