View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I would see if your library uses Overdirve or another source for ebooks and audiobooks, and what formats they have available. I didn't think I'd use my Nook for library books, but it is great for books I'm not sure if I want to buy.

I believe both B&N and Amazon sell textbooks, so you should be covered there. You would probably want to take notes then if you use your reader for school. Do you think a physical keypad or touch screen would be preferable? I would go to B&N and play with the Nook a lot. Take notes and highlights, see if it's to your liking. When the K3 comes in you can try out the same thing on it (or use the Kindle 2 for now).

Also, I listen to audiobooks. You may change your mind someday. They are great while exercising, cleaning, driving etc... Both Kindle and Nook play them, but Kindle supports Audible (which a lot of people don't use). I don't use my Nook for audiobooks though, I love my phone for that.

From the sounds of it so far, you would probably be happy with either device.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote