View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I am a complete layman when it comes to understanding how calibre and the various plug-ins work, so I hope my question isn't dumb and that any answers will be given in "for dummies" language

My question: My device is Kindle so the vast majority of my files are mobi and azw (and those variations). Will epubsplit work on those files and if so, do I need to convert to epub, split then reconvert back to mobi?

If this question has been asked and answered, my apologies!
You have three choices to get the plugin to work for you.

1. You can ditch the Kindle, buy an ePub capable reader and buy ePub format eBooks
2. You can convert your Kindle eBooks to ePub (you should use the KindleUnpack plugin to go AZW3 (KF8) > ePub) then use the plugin to split and convert back.
3. You can buy all of your eBooks in ePub and convert for the Kindle.

Those are your choices

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Removed user name from quote as it is no longer in service.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote