View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #38
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntone View Post
Here's the problem (directly from Amazon's website):

Perfectly Balanced Whiteness
We worked on Kindle Paperwhite for over two years to perfect the uniformity of the built-in light, flattening out a fiber optic cable into a sheet, and nanoimprinting to ensure perfectly even distribution of light. Our design uses nanoscale optical diffractive patterns to enable tight control over the direction of the light. Enjoy reading with exceptional lighting uniformity and evenly balanced whiteness across the entire display.

This simply isn't true. The blurring at the bottom really doesn't bother me, but Amazon is describing the screen incorrectly and the images on the website don't illustrate the way the screen actually looks with the light. That, to me, is misleading.
In my experience, this is completely true. There are little cones of light at the bottom. Let's see how the replacement unit looks, but I suspect that it is what it is...
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote