View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #1190
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Hmm... isn't the Samsung's screen more bright than Xoom? I found Xoom (1st model) being darker and not so vivid on colors, at least when I compare against iPad or Samsung Tablets.

I like Samsung colors. Blacks are true black and somehow, the colors look more vivid, stronger. Not saying better, but different.

One of the reasons why I skipped the Xoom, besides I don't want a Data Plan, I already have a cellphone with that.
Xoom (both 1 and 2) has a darker display than Galaxy Tab, that's true.
But it's just about the brightness settings.
Samsung has vivid colors, but I don' find them natural/realistic looking.
Samsungs have 3 or 4 settings, such as (don't have it in front of me, can't check right now) multimedia or natural. Never found the right one for me...

Re. data plan: I'm juggling 5 SIMs for now. German Telekom allows for 2 additional SIMs without additional costs.
I try to limit myself to those 5 SIMs. But if I have one available (Xoom 1 going into Xoom 2), I absolutely prefer 3G models over WiFi-only.
Some tablets still bundle GPS, which I really want to have in each of my tablets, with 3G. And when traveling I don't want to rely on hotspots. I've got my MiFi, but no SIM for it right now...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote