View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
It's a problem with the default fonts on the Reader, not the Word document. There's no embedding in Word, and the Reader uses its fonts, not the ones in the Word document. (I don't remember if it has two or three fonts; don't know if it has a monospace font.)

This is why I usually make PDFs to read; the fonts are nicer than the default, especially for bold & italics.

There's a procedure for changing the default fonts in the Reader, but I don't think it fixes the bold/italic problem.
I was kind of afraid of that answer. I think the simple solution is for now stick with Arial.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote