View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #316
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Your problems with the Amazon Collection software are properly directed to Amazon as a feedback, not to me. I am NOT Amazon.

So far as I am concerned, the Amazon Collection software meets my particular needs and that is really all I have to worry about.

I enjoyed all the features of the 5.4.2 update and look forward to the next update.

It is possible that the average Amazon customer is more like me than the dedicated Calibre users and that is why Amazon has not focused on Calibre needs. I have never used Calibre or Apprentice Alf. Aren't there specialized forums here and at other locations for users of those software packages which can better answer questions and solve problems than readers and posters here?

In the same manner I stopped ripping MP3 songs for the last 5 years and simply buy all my MP3 songs from Amazon. There may be a few folks who still strip MP3 songs from CD's but their numbers are shrinking.

The same with movies. Some folks strip them from DVD's consuming lots of time doing so. I just stream them from Netflix and get a few movies on Netflix DVD's and then return them.

Some folks like me just like to read eBooks, listen to music and watch movies and simply never use specialized software to break copy protection and engage in activities not sanctioned by Amazon or Netflix.
Why do you insist in joining in the middle of a conversation with information that is irrelevant to what is being discussed. The situation has absolutely nothing to do with Calibre or Apprentice Alf. It has to do with the problems with the pw and the 5.4.2 update. Calibre and AA just happen to be tools to help users work around the issues the feature and the device lacks. Did you not see the issues which I am having with AMAZON purchased books. From this point on, I am just going to ignore your comments because they are not relevant to me and the issues which I am having, and since you have yet to offer any useful information to help me resolve my issues, there is no point in responding to you. Seriously dude, go read a book...
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote