View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
My niece asked what devices she should take to her first year of college. She was thinking of buying iMac and iPad. She already has a new iPhone...

...Off the top of my head I recommended #4, supplemented where necessary by #1 and #0. That seemed the KISSiest to old-fashioned me. I sure wouldn't want to write a thesis on an iPad.
I'd say your recommendation is spot on, skip the iMac and go for a MacBook Pro (or other laptop) as the top priority. If she's got the budget for an iPad great, but I would put it second on the list for sure (even with a bluetooth kbd).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote