View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #42
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
A really great tutorial. However, I know XHTML and CSS quite well. Is it possible to use HTML3 and CSS5 already or better keep hands off?
If you already know CSS and XHTML it would be a good idea to have a look at the ePub 2 specification to see what's supported and what is not.
The current version of the ePub standard is 3, but most readers in the market today only support (a subset of) ePub 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
And for embedding fonts what about the copyrights of the «foundries»? Better using free fonts? Are there any standards if I have bought fonts for commercial use on websites to use too on free or sold eBooks?
I believe you can use commercial fonts on your ebooks, but you have to encrypt them using "font obfuscation". Here's an article on this subject. This prevents unauthorized reuse of the font.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote