Thread: Spell checker
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte
I presume you used it in the Book View? I'm not sure if it's (X)HTML aware, so if you did it in Code View... Maybe there's a preference setting for (X)HTML? Have you tried tinySpell (second link above)?

The spell checker in NoteTab Pro is (X)HTML aware, but you have to set its options (once you open the spellchecker, there's a button to set them.) I'd code there and spellcheck there before importing to Sigil.
Yeah, I was in BV. I made a spelling change using freespell--it was changing the spelling on "nee," which didn't actually need it, it was italicized--and voila! the entire page changed to h2 text. I have no idea why, the nearest h2 tag was several paragraphs away. I didn't bother spending a lot of time investigating it; I'd rather just CTRL-A, CTRL-C and CTRL-V the pages into NoteTab and spell-check it there. It's only a few keystrokes and it's safer than screwing around with the actual code in Sigil if it goes wonky.

Haven't tried tinyspell yet. I'll report back, for those in need of a spellchecker. I, too, have to look out for OCR errors, so I understand the desire for one.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote