View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:04 AM   #7
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
Thanks for all the feedback, this is exactly why we're doing this BETA release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sordie View Post
-The selection zoom is not an effective method of replacing crop margins.
It was not meant to replace crop margins. Actually, the DR800 firmware never had that functionality. Crop margins is non-trivial to implement using the Adobe RMSDK, so we didn't find time to do that yet. Doing it the 'dumb' way that DR1000S v1.7 did will slow down page flipping speed considerably, which is not something we can live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sordie
- The Landscape mode still defaults to "fit page". Why? I think everyone in this form has provided sufficient feedback to make the point very clear that this is utterly useless.
We completely agree, but it's not a matter of changing one line of code. This has our attention and we hope to find a fix before final release.

Quote:
- The device froze several times while using the note application
We have identified and solved an issue that could cause this.

Quote:
- sometimes the menus do not display properly. Only a frame is drawn,but the elements are not displayed
Do you see this in both portrait mode and landscape mode? I can explain landscape, but it should not happen in portrait.

Quote:
- When doing the selection zoom, the zoom happens while I am in the middle of selecting. I guess the software thinks I have lifted the stylus,even though I am still moving the stylus to select. This is particularly problematic while moving the stylus from the top-left corner to the bottom-right corner. Haven't noticed it as much while moving the stylus in other directions.
This (and also above comments on the stylus) suggests you may have a worse performance than expected. Can you try to re-calibrate your stylus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrunk View Post
Better to have the continuous page layout for the pdf reading.
We'll look at enabling Continuous Mode for the DR800 (ref. DR1000), that should indeed solve some issues people have with zooming, panning and page turning.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote