View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
First of all, thank you all so much for your time, your generosity - and for the useful info you all posted. I don't know how to adequately show my appreciation - this is just more evidence as to how great this community is!

... and of course, I have some follow up questions.

Quote:
What I like most about the EZ Reader is that it can use Open InkPot firmware.
Quote:
All Hanlin firmwares have folder support, and I make use of this to organize my library.
@wallcraft, does Open InkPot support any DRM'd formats, such as ePub or ADE? Or will it be necessary to "scrub" any DRM'd books? Also, with respect to folder support, if I switch to a different firmware (e.g., from the standard f/w to OI) - would I then have to re-do all my folders?

Quote:
I like battery life, folders, good format variety, excellent screen, user-added fonts, and the capability to run any Hanline software image.
Quote:
the software doesn't support deleting a book on the device
@smithno, how is the screen for reading in the sunlight? Does the "good format variety" include DRM'd books, or is that only with the standard f/w? And how do you delete a book? On your computer?

Quote:
that it remembers where I stopped reading and that I never have to turn it really off (I just lock the keyboard)
Quote:
The interface when reading mobipocket files is illogical
@helena, is that only with the last book you read, or could that be with more than one book? If I were to go back to a book I set aside a while ago and pick it up again, would it remember where I left off? And will I need to get many books in mobipocket format - is that the preferred format for "mainstream" books (NY Times bestsellers)?

Quote:
However on the EZ Reader, I use Mobipocket, FB2, RTF, and the ocassional EPUB. It is much more flexible in that regard.
@slayda, do you have that flexibility with OI - or with the standard f/w? Do folk routinely switch back and forth between firmware versions?

Everybody, thanks again for all of your help! Did I mention?

-- Rique
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote