View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #303
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I'm in the same boat as you, Jack. I don't like any of the replacement ideas which is why I tried another one.

I received my replacement tonight and I say this tentatively, but it's definitely better! I hope I'm not jinxing myself saying that. It's funny how when you get a replacement and can do a side by side comparison it really brings all the issues to light.

For starters, the new one is whiter and brighter and the contrast looks better to me. I thought my original was fine in the brightness department, but this one is definitely whiter and brighter on higher light settings. Also, my original has a blue cast, something I didn't notice at all until I put it up to the new one side by side. Bit strange but it really made it apparent.

No glowing specks on the new one either, yay for that.

I won't say the screen is perfect, but so far it looks pretty good and is a keeper assuming it doesn't suddenly get pink and blue blobs on it. I admit I keep checking it and expect them to appear any moment now.

I thought maybe I saw a slight pink hue in one area, but I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me at this point. My eyes are slightly buggy from staring and comparing. Let's just say if it stays like this, I'll be happy with it.

It did freeze on start up though which freaked me out, but I did a hard reset and it's been fine. On another note my box doesn't have an R for replacement on it. Hmm.

Anyway, good luck to those still expecting replacements. Hopefully everyone will eventually get a good one.
Great! I think without the blue hue you probably won't have those awful blue green shadows. I hope it remains good.