View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #41
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
It seems to me that Stephen King is more of a story-teller than a writer, if that makes any sense. I think that when he sets to tell a story, he does it very well and it is very enjoyable to read most of the time.
Not entirely sure exactly what you mean by that, but I agree that he is a great story teller. He's the only author that in one book I can be absolutely enthralled and I spend my time thinking he's the greatest story-teller ever, but another of his books I can read and just not enjoy at all.

I should add, I'm not a horror fan, and the Dark Tower series (I only ever read the first four) are the only fantasy books I've ever read and enjoyed. I tend to read mostly thrillers, but still find King is the only author that can truly wrap me up and lose me in a tale.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote