View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #68
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
I owned ereaders since their beginning. - and I'm posting this from my ipad.
Yet reading about the sarcasm everywhere in this thread, I'm a bit saddened... Nothing for me will ever surpass the pleasure of holding a real books in my hands, nor - laugh as much as you want - its texture, its smell.
Please, feel free to swim in the digital seas as much as you want - I'll remain convinced that the zealots among you have lost a lot.
The main point here has nothing to do with zealotry but a lot to do with READING... yes, books are great, special limited editions can be really great BUT for reading the words, which I believe has something to do with books as well as eReaders, each has there own place and fans but most of us can appreciate both... for many people the eReader has huge advantages over paper - try handling a thousand page volume with rheumatoid arthritis or CTS, read some six point type when you've got serious eye problems etc plus the ease of carrying multiple books around with you... as such the real gripe is about a hypocrite deriding digital media as inferior shadows of the "real" thing... and doing it digitally...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote