View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (Kindle DRM-free) Making the Rules by Doranna Durgin + deals [Action Romance]

Remember that Doranna Durgin action/adventure romance thriller I told you was on sale yesterday alongside her sf/fantasy work?

Well if you held off on buying it even at a cheap 99 cents, you're in luck, because guess what just showed up free as a KDP Select exclusive-or-else presumably promotional thing?

Making the Rules by Doranna Durgin, is part of the "Hunter Agency" series which still has volumes published by Harlequin's Silhouette imprint.

Presumably this is a sequel of some sort, as Durgin's previously mentioned that this was slated for publication but yanked before it could be printed, possibly due to low series sales or random cost-cutting cancellation.

Anyway, free without DRM for who knows how long @ Amazon main, UK, DE, ES, FR, IT, and also the other available series titles (DRMed) can be had very cheaply as well, under the right purchasing conditions (described after).

Description
A stand-alone action-romance book in the Hunter Agency series of the former Silhouette Bombshell line (Books I & II—Exception to the Rule and Back to the Rules--are available in publisher eversions and at used paperback dealers)

Kimmer Reed is a Hunter Agency operative, a street foundling escaped from an abusive family and raised to be code-name Chimera--a fierce, savvy loner with a natural gift for reading people. Now on her first assignment with the one man she trusts--the one man she can't read--she finds herself overseas in the Basque countryside, framed for the theft of the very antiquity she has been sent to guard and doubting her ability to work with a partner at all--never mind the man she loves.

Rio Carlsen, former CIA field officer who left the agency with scars both physical and emotional, joins Hunter Agency field operations with reservations--and only because his partner is Kimmer. Now he's caught in the schemes of a woman from Kimmer's past. Political terrorism, antiquities theft, and revenge--this woman wants it all, and she's on her way to getting it.

Framed, cut off from the agency, and tangled in Basque Nationalist splinter terrorist groups, the biggest challenge Kimmer and Rio face is coming to terms with their pasts and with each other--so they can live through the day on the way to saving it.

If you turn out to like the book, the others are still published by Silhouette and available for less than $5 each, and you can get them for a cheapness like unto dirt directly via Harlequin using the $4 off coupon Harlequin is offering in this thread.

Here's the direct link to HQN's listing for the series, which will bring up both books. Assuming you can get the coupon to work twice, your post-discount price for the set of both will be a mere 51 cents plus applicable taxes.

That's actually even cheaper than dirt, because some of that fancy pre-packaged potting soil one sees in garden centres is actually pretty pricey for the size of the baggies baggies you seem to get.

Anyway, you've over a month to read and decide, the coupon's supposed to be good until the end of January.

Another yanked-from-the-publishing-schedule "action romance" of hers is Hidden Steel, free via Smashwords and thence to any place they distribute which price-matches should you want a syncable copy for your reader. I think it's actually been free there for quite some time, but if you haven't been keeping up with her backlist activity to see if she's offering the good sales, you've probably never seen it.

The other time-limited KDP freebie/99 cent holiday deal from her that I mentioned after yesterday's KDP backlist sf/fantasy find is still going, as far as I can tell.

I hope if the author decides to keep on with this KDP exclusive-or-else thing, she freebies one or two of her sf/fantasy novels at some point and has Smashwords-applicable sales on the rest.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote