View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
Gwen2479
Gwen2479 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Trouble with swipe page turning

Hello, I am a recent happy owner of a Nook. I love it so far. Once it was charged it was ready to go right out of the box! Registering was easy and I was able to download my ebooks right away. I even found a case I love - the Chesterton quote cover in coffee.
Here is my 1 issue: when the LCD goes dark and I swipe my finger across it to turn a page, it wont turn. Now this happened in the store too, a sales rep was showing me their Nook and would swipe the LCD and his page would turn, I would try right after him on the same device and nothing would happen - even after multiple swipes, and then it would turn 1 page and then I couldn't get it to turn again. I thought it was because that device was accustomed to another user?
Well it was not enough to deter me from accepting my Nook from my BFF as a gift, but as I am reading, the swipe on my new device doesn't seem to work for me either. Am I doing something wrong? I have tried to swipe with index finger top, center and bottom, and with thumb covering whole screen. Is the screen just not very sensitive? I have tried swiping with more pressure. Is there a way to calibrate it so it is more sensitive? Or does the Nook not like my touch?
The button page turns work fine, but I would really like the swipe page turns to work too. Anyone else have same problem? Were you able to fix it?
Thanks.
Gwen2479 is offline   Reply With Quote