View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I've been considering whether to get a used Canon DR-2050 from ebay. I've worked with Canon drum scanners in the past and really liked them, and I want something fairly portable.

I already have a small flatbed scanner--a Canon LiDE (they're up to 80 now; I think mine is a 30 or 60) that works great on book covers and pages that are too delicate to run through a feeder, but it's slow. It's about 1 minute/page for 300 dpi color, half a minute for 300 dpi black & white.

Right now, I usually scan pbooks on a Fujitsu 5750-C, at work, which as far as I can tell Fujitsu no longer makes (the new version is the 6770, which might be available for as little as $6000). I don't recommend acquiring one of those for personal scanning projects; I use it 'cos it's there at work and they don't mind as long as I don't get in the way of work projects.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote