View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #39
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
HTML lets you indicate various types of emphasis in its plain test. How that emphasis is interpreted and displayed is up to the reader, and in many cases, is variable.

HTML will continue to be readable (especially as a subset of XML) for longer than anyone alive to will live, and the documentation on how to interpret it will be around for as long as computers are around.
The web - including but not limited to HTML - is my livelihood. I've already seen display techniques go from proprietary to standard to deprecated, just in the past fifteen years. Look at font handling: it was originally unavailable, then it was a proprietary element (<FONT>) introduced in one browser, then it was standard, and now it's deprecated in favor of CSS styles.

EPUB is now in version 3.0; how long will my 2.0 library stay supported on new devices? .LIT is already dead...
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote