View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
My guess would be that LRF uses the apostrophe in a specific manner. Either the conversion process became confused (a missing closing apostrophe for instance) or the original file was not specifically designed for LRF output - so the apostrophes were handled incorrectly. Some ebook formats require that special characters use a specific sequence of characters or special coding.
I'm just not sure what was wrong with the apostrophes I had in the html document, but in word pad I replaced them with the Wordpad default apostrohpe and tonight when I get home I'll try and re-convert and see if that made a difference. I do a lot of my editing in Word and then copy and paste to Wordpad before saving the html. Maybe the Word had smart quotes on?
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote