View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 05:11 AM   #4
peterson
Connoisseur
peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
i don't really expect anyone to help because, i imagine people would not want to really help bypass something that is used to secure your kindle from other people.
Well, I am not sure this argument applies. I'm not asking how to remove the passcode of e.g. a stolen or found Kindle, but rather one that is jail-broken and where specific software was installed. This should only be possible by the owner (it requires either knowing the passcode to mount the Kindle as USB storage device, or the root ssh password with USBnet installed). This does not pose a security issue, because if I managed to install this kind of software without your knowledge on your device, I already have full access to all data stored on it anyway, so I would not care much about the passcode :-)

Quote:
or maybe people will help and just have not yet
That's my hope :-)
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote