View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #66
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.. View Post
Hi, Thanks for replying. I have the latest update, version 2.1.5. In Library, by Author inp;ut via Calibre where I always input the surname first - on the Touch listed are - Riley Amber, Hanson Caroline x 2 boos, Cody Christine, Dark Dannika, Sylvan Dianne. When Input author sort on Calibre I put eg Riley, Amber, Cody, Christine. It seems to be mixing up christian & surnames even though on Calibre there are always surnames first. Shelves are fine, working a treat!. Thanks
As far as I can tell, the Kobo devices are sorting the author as "Lastname, Firstname". But, it is being a bit clever with the name. If it finds a comma in the name, it is assuming the name is "Lastname, Firstname". But, if there are no commas, it is "Firstname Lastname". And if there is only one word in the name, it is "Lastname". If what you have typed above for the author names is exactly what is displayed, the the device is doing what it has been told to do.

I think something in how you are entering the names in calibre is the problem. Calibre calculates a "sort author" from the author entered. The default is that if you enter "Firstname Lastname" it will sort as "Lastname, Firstname". Exactly what is displayed can be changed by choosing different columns or using tweaks, but the stored format is best left as "Firstname Lastname".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote