View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #21340
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Technology and cheapskate rant:

My parents are going away for a couple of days this weekend. However, the cottage they booked only has wired internet. My father wanted to get an extra access point to take with him to create a wifi network.

Last week he went to the store and they advised him to get a certain router, that was cheaper and it would also be possible to set up as AP and it would tell you how to do so in the manual. Since my father hadn't yet set the thing up I thought I was being nice this morning by doing it for him.

I spend an hour and I haven't managed to get it into AP-mode and connect with our router. The manual doesn't say how to set it up as an AP and both the English and Dutch manual don't correspond with the set-up menu on screen. I checked if there was another manual available (not) or if there was new firmware available (not). After an hour I started to feel like throwing the thing out of the window, instead I reset it back to factory defaults, disconnected it and put it back where I found it.

My father's going to bring it back to the store tomorrow, and now I'm looking for a real, more expensive but easier to set up AP.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote