View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #14
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
For the government yes. But, for the individual it is a pittance of a savings. They would save more money by shopping the Back to School Sales rather than the Sales Tax Holiday.
Sales taxes are set by and collected by the state governments. The local county governments and some municipalities also add to the sales tax. The sales tax rate in the State of Georgia is 4%. The county I live in adds in 2% and then the voters added a 1% LOST (Local Option Sale Tax). This makes the sales tax rate where I live 7%. The county has to share the sales tax it collects with the county municipalities. Some of the municipalities in my county have sued the county, more than once, over the equal distribution of those taxes.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote