Thread: Accessory port
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
mmatej
Connoisseur
mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Thanks! That has been on my "To Do" list for a long time (with no plans to do it any time soon). I am curious if the kindle can be charged through that port too -- if so you could also use it as an input port.

I was thinking of using the green and yellow power LEDs on a K4 to give it PWM stereo sound output (using photocells with color filters connected to an audio amplifier). Perhaps it would be easier to drive a speaker directly (with a current limiting resistor) if we PWM the accessory port output.

More karma for you!
Thanks for the karma! I think it could not be used as input port (also, I am not going to try it - there is currently no easy HW "unbrick"). While I was playing with the port, I've also tried to connect it to the piezo speaker and no way it could power speaker directly (even a piezo). I almost couldn't hear it (and with increasing freq -> decreasing volume).
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
EDIT: Not that it *really* matters when running programs from mmc (especially with this busybox that "short circuits" its own built-ins and ignores the "normal" load process), but the '[' conditional is a PROGRAM that loads and runs from the /bin folder (as I recall), but '[[' is an intrinsic that is executed directly by the shell. This really only makes a difference on non-busybox systems, but it is a good habit (even though it uses more characters on the line).
Maybe next time.
mmatej is offline   Reply With Quote