View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thank you. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way on my tablet.
You might want to double check, as I believe this is the way the Kindle Android app works regardless of device.

You should have an "/sdcard" path on any android device, and you should see a kindle folder directly under it, and the app can SUPPOSEDLY find books there as well as in the system data folder you mentioned earlier.
Note that /sdcard does not NECESSARILY refer to the ACTUAL external SD card (on my wife's phone, the actual card is mounted as "/SDCARD/_ExternalSDCard") and the app only works for files in the /sdcard/kindle location.

That being said, my attempts to sideload to that folder on my wife's phone were inconsistent. Sometimes books would show up, sometimes they wouldn't, so I decided it was easier just to use the Kindle app for Amazon server based books and put another reader app on for sideloaded stuff. Honestly I'm not crazy about the import process for Aldiko either....

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote