View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
ksri99
ksri99 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700BC
Software to batch update PDF metadata/ substitute software for Sony eBook library

Hello Mobilereaders,

I got my 1st ever mobile reader Sony PRS700-BC about a month ago. I bought this mainly to read technical books. I have a lot of PDF articles and PDF eBooks. When I import them into the reader, if the metadata (Like title/author/subject etc) are not populated in the PDF, the reader wont show the information. So, I had to manually go to the poperties of each file in windows and update manually. I'm curious if anyone knows any tool that allows for each update of metadata. I found some softwares that update metadata for PDF, but we need to open one file at a time. I'm looking for something like iTunes/Media Monkey in terms of mp3 ID3 tags updating. We can see a list of all files and then easily update one after other.

Also, does anyone know of any substitute softwares that support Sony eBook readers. I do not like the Sony eBook library software at all. Not sure whey such a standard company like sony, did not focus on the software part at all, where as it would be so easy to add many user friendly features in it.

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks much!
ksri99 is offline   Reply With Quote