View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
IIRC file import plugins are run after metadata reading plugins, so metadata wont be read from the converted file.

May I ask why you need this plugin at all? Why not just write an input format plugin for the conversion system?
Well, if you must know, , I was trying to make something that would strip the DRM from an encrypted eReader file on import, rather like the one for encrypted Mobipocket files.

The only script I have that decrypts eReader files converts them into a PML file and a folder of images, and Calibre seems to like to have those as a zip file -- a PMLZ.

It may be that I've misunderstood the way things work, but I thought that for doing things on import a filetype plugin was the way to go.

And I'm surprised to hear that metadata plugins getr called before filetype plugins, as I had reports of errors with earlier versions of the Mobipocket plugin where a mis-understanding of how to handle temporary files could lead to the Meta data plugin reporting that it couldn't read the metadata.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote