View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #24
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
I believe that timing has a lot to do with position on polls.
If you can orchestrate the timing of purchases for a book or authors, it will drive their position on the charts up, which of course will further sales. The question is who besides the author has a reason to drive those positions up. Pretty simple answers usually.

It is a self seeding type thing.

Likewise the sales of a political book or author or even a politically sensitive book (like abortion, a ban on guns, and or course prejudice, labor, fiscal stuff, and politician) have even greater pressures added on by organizations who buy a lot of books at just the right time. Of course they get a deal from the publishers. (as they should)

Check your favorite or your least favorite political blog. See what they are selling.

I will finally say, less than half the books on the "best seller lists" would be there without these machinations. Maybe less than a quarter. Some would argue less than a tenth but I am not so critical.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote