View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknaked View Post
1. using an iPad, best format to change everything to?
ePub is preferred for iBooks, however if you have PDF books save yourself the headache and leave them as PDF files. PDF files often don't convert well and iBooks now reads PDFs.

Quote:
2. is it recommended to drop into itunes and view in ebooks or is there some better app?
3. how do I retain my meta data, book summarys etc, I also want to retain the covers
Using Connect to iTunes feature is the easiest option including maintaining metadata, read this thread.

Quote:
4. noticed when I bulk transfered MOBI into ePub I was left with a folder containing both formats, the original MOBI and the ePub, surely I dont require both, how do I avoid this?
You don't avoid it. If you want you can delete any format from a bunch of books via the bulk metadata edit window.

Quote:
Also I dont think my covers transfered across
What leads you to believe this?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote