View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 01:56 AM   #89
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I have just finished upgrading my JBL's firmware from v15 to v16e.

The first time it said that the firmware upgrade had failed. I reread the instructions, and realized that I had not unpacked the three files. So I did it again.

The second time, the process froze. The animation of the page moving from the file to the device froze, and the (green flashing) light was not on.

So I pressed the reset button and tried again. This time everything went flawlessly.

I am very impressed with the pdf reflow. Both the font and the spacing are a little too big, but who cares? I may experiment with the font size when I get around to reading one of the pdf books.

I spent $10 on a new SD card rather than move everything on my card onto a new folder on my hard drive and then move it all back again after the upgrade was completed. The pdf reflow alone is worth the $10 in my book. For $10 I feel like I have a new device.

This brings the total of what I have spent on my JBL to $180. Still a great bargain as far as I am concerned.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote