View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #101
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Leir: How did you switch to the next book (Home, then collection, then book, or back, collection, book?).

Also, could you post the file the ;dm command (in the searchbar, on the home page) produce (in the documents folder, IIRC)?

@geekmaster: While it's a nice info, keep in mind that I'm using ImageMagick, and that it's done on device, and it already takes ~10s to process everything (colorspace switch, gamma correct, Lanczos/Mitchell rescale & PNG encoding) .
It could be made a LOT faster by pipelining all the operations to be performed at once, but that requires a lot of work recoding it. Also, if a pleasant (but lossy) image is good enough, there are shortcuts that can be taken in the algorithms too. Doing "minimal-gradient super-res" could actually be a lot FASTER than Lanczos/Mitchell, for example. But you have to write your own code if you want it fast with low overhead...

Of course, I would cache the upscaled images so you only need to burn that "10 seconds" once for each book, and I would try to preprocess the images in the background ahead of time if possible, so you would not even notice it...

EDIT: It all boils down to where you want to invest your time, and just how good is "good enough" (both in execution speed and upscaled image quality).

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-05-2012 at 11:01 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote