View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
I publish books and monographs on Amazon's Digital Text Platform, and it has never occurred to me to include metadata. Should I do that, and would it solve the OP's problem? What sort of stuff should be in it: author, title, publisher, narrative description? I write my stuff in html; I don't use Kindlegen or Mobipocket Creator.

I do include a cover, at least on my recent publications, but it's grayscale. I suppose I should future-proof these books by making it color. Would Calibre recognize the cover thus included? (Its name/id is merely "cover", which is how the Kindle navigation finds it.)
I'm not sure that is the problem, but Kovid can answer better.......the books I wanted to download metadata from did have covers and descriptions, but no ISBM#'s...that seems to be the problem

Am I correct, Kovid?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote