Thread: pdf bookmarks
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You can't edit bookmarks on the Kindle for regular books, either. A bookmark just marks the place in a book. When you display them (My Notes and Marks), it just shows the location, and the first line at the bookmark.

The bookmarks for a regular Kindle file are in the .mbp file, which is not just a plain ASCII file. A notation is added to the "My Clippings.txt" file when you bookmark a regular Kindle book. I'm not sure about .pdf files.

In regular books, you can add notes, and those are editable, but you cannot add notes for pdfs, I believe. You could convert the book, perhaps, and then you could add notes, which are tied to a location.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote