View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I was wondering if you were planning on putting in an option to remove all formatting to a paragraph or page?
This sounds simple to do, but it actually isn't. The OPS specification allows you to use full CSS 2 styling (with some exceptions). So what if your paragraphs were influenced by styles set on, say, the body tag? How could I remove that styling only from that paragraph, and not others? With CSS, styles "cascade" and are inherited by elements lower in the hierarchy. It would be extremely difficult to remove inherited styles from just one element.

Then again, I'm far from a CSS master. I could be missing something. If some of the other members have ideas how this could be implemented, I'd like their input.

EDIT: If all you want is for Sigil to remove the classes from your elements and the styles that are given to them by references to their explicit ID's, then that would be different. But inherited styles would still be a problem.

Last edited by Valloric; 08-05-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote