View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #101
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The driver works by assigning each book to shelves based on the values in the shelf columns. The setup I normally use is similar to the example Peter uses. That is two columns, one is a custom column and the other is the series column. The values in the custom column are manually maintained. I use "Science Fiction", "Shortlist' and a few others. Plus I normally have some testing shelves. This is where I would put "Young Adult" or "Non Fiction".

If you use the series column, it means that a shelf will be created for each series. This is nice, but if there is only one book for the series on the device, it seems like overkill. With the addition of the series information in the new firmware, I'm not sure if I will keep using the series column for shelves.

Don't forget that a book can be on multiple shelves. So, having the book can be on "The Hunger Games" shelf and the "Young Adult" shelf.

If the idea is to have either shelves from the custom column or the series, but not both, it might be possible with a custom column based on others. I am not an expert on the template language, so I don't know how to do this. Asking the question in the calibre forum would get an answer. This could also be used to exclude specific series names from having shelves created.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote