View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #81
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have to disagree with you. I'll take the example of the music industry which all agree has been the most pirated of all. I remember how a decade or so ago they claimed that music was going to disappear or dwindle to such levels as to become insignificant if piracy was not stopped.
Well piracy was not stopped and correct me if I'm wrong, but there has never been so much musical content out there as there is now. No radio network out there can honestly say they broadcast all the new music there is. I remember 25 years ago how you could hear a hit single 10 times or more in a day across the FM, the latest Madonna or Genesis or whatever. Now If you hear any song once a day on the radio you're lucky cause there is so much new music, genres, styles that you need to listen to several radio stations to cover it. There's music you hear in the States but not in Europe and vice versa, not mentioning the rest of the world.
I am incapable of telling you which songs are hits now cause I never hear twice the same these days or which bands are hot cause there are so many.
The same goes for movies, There are so many new movies that in my country the new weekly releases in cinemas are but a selection of the total production available.
Well, you get my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Copyright has to exist if we wish to retain the same levels of content we enjoy today imo. If anyone could download for free (non-commercially) then the amount of content would nose dive and we'd likely only see labours of love actually made, or hobbiest movies/games/books. Might still be a few good products, but on the whole I think we'd lose heavily.

Last edited by Quexos; 10-05-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote