View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #34
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdog View Post
my problem, I m trying to get a dump of the partitions, I am at the beginning of the beginning... your flashing tools based on XXX update.package won't work for me as I believe the RSA key is different. I think the RSA key is somewhere stored around the beginning of the bootloader (I looked at your scripts to extract the .packages) I need a dump before.. so I am back to the beginning
If you have the Western or Japanese model of PRS-T1, your encryption keys are exactly the same as everyone else's. If you have a PRS-G1 or the Russian model of PRS-T1, the SD card update will not work for you, and the encryption method of the update packages is quite different. Beside the fact that they are signed by a private key.

One more thing to remember. If you have an update image on the SD card, it has priority over the update package in the internal memory. To get the "serial gadget" login you need to copy the XXX-Updater.package from the login_update folder in this archive into the root of the "internal memory" ("drive" READER).

Last edited by porkupan; 02-02-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: extra info added
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote