View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
I received my new PRS T1 today. But unfortunately, it doesn't display correctly Vietnamese characters, both in epub files and web browser. I've tried to embedded gentium font in epub file using calibre as I used to do with my PRS 600, but it still doesn't work. Please help me!
Are you sure you have fully embedded the actual fonts (.ttf or .otf files) inside the epub? The PRST1 needs the fonts to be fully embedded. The old method which worked on previous models, where you could store the fonts on the reader and use Calibre to add the necessary css @font-faces, doesn't work on the T1.

I have no experience with any Asian language fonts, but if you want to attach a sample epub with embedded fonts (no copyright material, please) which works on your PRS600 but not on your PRST1, I could have a closer look.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote