Thread: GPL violation?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 04:08 AM   #198
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrangirl View Post
I do use the their GPLed software as I do own an Cybook Orizon, and I sign in to the support page where they post the source code for their devices. It's just that the Orizon source code is not posted.
Personally I couldn't do anything with it as I am not a devloper, but I am an open source fun, and been using it for more than 10 years, and this practice by Bookeen makes me sceptical
As has been said, though, the GPL doesn't require that it be publicly posted, simply that it be made available to people who request it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote