View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #15
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
The new edition has "copacetic"...
adjective or copasetic ...origin unknown slang: very satisfactory: fine and dandy His smile told him that everything was copacetic -- Robert Bloch
I think the origin of the word was the bastardization of either a Korean or Japanese word meaning the equivalent of OK and used the same way.

I didn't recognize the word at first. Although I have used the word "copasetic" many times, in the past, I have never seen it in print. It was a common expression used by G.I.s during the Korean War.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote