View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
You want the 7 inch white color. It does only have a 1 gig internal microSD compared to 2 gigs for the black, but you'll want to get a regular SD card for the external slot to hold your books/videos/music anyway.

The white model runs Android 2.0 and has a variety of custom firmwares (unofficial) available over on slatedroid. This lets you soup up the processor, add google market, etc.

The black model runs Android 1.5 or 1.6 (I think). I think it has less RAM and a slower processor as well. Older Android means less apps will work on it.

The white one is a good buy (was a great buy at 60 dollars when Kohls had them on clearance). I actually use mine pretty much exclusively as a reader. The stock reader app works pretty well, and I have Kindle, Alkido, and AdobeX on there too. The screen isn't great, but properly adjusted it works fine for me.
Good run-down.

There are now 2 officially supported firmware versions for the white PDN. The 11/19 firmware that has the B&N library/store/reader app as the primary interface... and the 1/14 Open Platform that turns the white PDN into a generic Android tablet with book reading capabilities.

The black PDN runs 1.5. It is a fine device as-is but is far more limited in terms of hackability and expandability.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote