View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
zsmomma
zsmomma began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, Pandigital Novel, iPod Touch
EPUB reader: Nook, Kobo, Sony, or Pandigital?

Ha, the $109.99 refurb Kindle hasn't even arrived yet, and I'm already thinking about my next reader...

After some researching, I found out that although my local library doesn't carry ebooks, the San Francisco library does, and all I need to do to access over 2000 ebooks is to have a EPUB reader (and to go over and apply for a card, of course).

I purchased the Kindle for the following reasons:
-wanted a dictionary
-access to current popular children's and adult fiction
-good customer service

Since these criteria have now been satisfied, I'm looking for a reader that will be pretty much dedicated to EPUB library books (and maybe Borders or B&N books). Other features I'm looking for in this reader:
-not too fragile
-ease of use
-connectivity is not necessary, but I guess it's nice
-at least 5" screen
-a price range ~$150 plus/minus, so all the ereaders in my subject line fit the bill.

Yes, I'm in the US, so while there are some lovely readers out there, the price plus shipping is prohibitive. And yes, I've read about the wonders of Sony 505, but that's no longer being produced (and it's more than I want to spend).

If Nook, it would be Wifi only, Kobo since there's a Borders down the street, Sony could be 300 or 600 and also sold through Borders, and I threw in Pandigital since they're selling it at Bed Bath and Beyond, also in the 'hood.

Any thoughts as to why one would be better than the other is greatly appreciated. Or should I wait until the holiday season?
zsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote