Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Very interesting results. I'd suggest you forward them to Kobo. Perhaps someone from the Beta testing group can forward it to a direct representative of the software team.

At first I thought you had a "bad" ebook of some sort, that Kobo hasn't allowed for yet in their processing, and that was the end of it until they do, but testing and getting a differing result on the Touch makes it more interesting... I'm very curious if you're running the same firmware version on both readers? Of course, even if they were running the same firmware there could be different modules or tasks run based on which hardware the code determines it's running upon.

It would be interesting to see if the newer firmware on the Glo has a bug where a process keeps going and depletes the battery, or if the same firmware runs fine on the Touch, but not the Glo because of a hardware difference or something else. It would probably account for a lot of the battery drain posts with the Glo.

Last edited by TechniSol; 02-06-2013 at 06:52 PM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote