View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #118
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by janvanmaar View Post
Just a tiny detail - there is also plugin customization that can be used instead of the tweak settings - just so that tweak settings are used for tweaks and plugin customization for plugins. Not much difference for the user except that he does not need to go through teaks and add lines there.
(On the other hand, only a single input field is offered to the user for the plugin customization, so if one needs to input many values then tweaks may be still better)
Thanks for that. I hadn't looked into plugin settings that way because I just "assumed" you needed to code up a custom dialog which is way more than the simplicity of a tweak. Plus with tweaks you can put a giant comment next to it explaining all the options and variations when they are complex as is the case with the search the internet and the one I am working on. For future reference though is there an example somewhere I could look at?