View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #37
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I must admit that,at this point, I either buy authors I know that I like, or buy books based on recommendations by bloggers that I trust (Dear Author and Smart Bitches Trashy Books can be expensive for me to visit), or personal recommendations from friends whom I trust. I may not always agree with the SBTB and DA recommendations, but I can always tell from the review whether I'll like the book or not.

this is true for both traditionally published and self-published authors. i've gotten some real duds from trad publishers, and don't find that they're all that good at gatekeeping, at least for my taste.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote