View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
I took the liberty of cleaning the images in the same way as I did for Jellby's "The Woman in White".
As always, I like your work with images and I will use them. I learned that Gimp is almost overwhelming and some short pointers, how you did it would be nice.

>>What about replacing -- with — ?
I will have a look on that

>> Having captions on illustrations with the caption in the actual image seems like an unecessary and redundant pleonasm.
At the current size, it would be hard to read embedded captions like this (see attachment), especially on a 6'' device.

>> Any particular reason why you've not rendered it as a table?
the dots ...........................................47,000

>> Lastly, I don't think it really works to have a border around illustrations like this, which have a white background and were borderless in the original.

Now the backgound is clean white, so you're probably right.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp C03.bmp (125.1 KB, 467 views)
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote