View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 07:52 AM   #83
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebriggs View Post
So I tried swapping the internal 8gig SD card for a 32 today. I made a disc image using R-Drive Image 4.7 (which expanded the 5.3 gig FAT 32 free storage partition to fill the extra space on the bigger card, but the Kobo Vox wouldn't boot up. Replacing the original 8 gig card still works fine, no loss of any of the apps I've put on. Can any of you more tech-savvy types comment on this? Is it a lost cause because of something I don't know about?
I don't know if you're still reading but while turning on my Android 2.1 Motorola I just had an idea. So as far as I read on other forums, expanding the SD partition for our infrastructure didn't work. I don't understand enough about SD cards and embedded design to know why (although I guess it's a left-over from last year's NAND flash and absolute partition tables).
However, on my 512MB Motorola, I created a partition at the end of the SD that I afterwards mounted into the system storage, and then moved apps and linked them with http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=919326
I guess Link2SD could at least make it easy for you to create the mount scripts. And if you really just want to throw apps at your Kobo, it will do everything you want.
Otherwise, you could have a look at what Link2SD actually does and just mount the second partition inside the first partition. Which also mean you have to mount the second SD /after/ the first, contrary to Link2SD.
The second partition should still show up in Windows when you plug the cable - at least, on my Moto it shows in Linux.

Maybe try not to expand the last partition in the original image, but to append another one. If it still boots, that solution should work :-)

Last edited by hieronymos; 11-23-2011 at 07:58 AM.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote