View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #187
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I would say that, but it was good.
What I liked about it was that the author spent the first third of the book discussing how humans learned to measure time (Stonehenge, Sand Clocks, Water Clocks etc). Then he got into the science (Newton, Einstein etc). Then the paradoxes of time travel (going back in time and killing your father) and so on.

Reminded me somewhat of Kaku's Einstein's Cosmos. He'd devote a chapter to Einstein the scientist then he would discuss Einstein the man. A good mix

Last edited by MickeyC; 07-02-2011 at 08:36 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote